Home About Us Gallery Products Contact Us

Together we are making the UK ‘s chimneys safer

Carbon Monoxide and what you should know

General safety information


 Carbon Monoxide and solid fuel


Many people think that carbon monoxide only comes from gas appliances but the truth is that ANY fuel that burns creates carbon monoxide. The Guild Of Master Chimney Sweeps has published a leaflet to raise awareness of the dangers of solid fuel related carbon monoxide poisonings


                       


Don’t be part of the next UK fire statistics. Get your chimney  swept every year.


UK fire statistics show that every year over 31 thousands  houses have chimney fires. This will be largely due to not getting the chimney swept often enough or burning fuel that is inappropriate for the appliance and causing tar to build up in the chimney.


 Most insurance companies will no longer pay out for claims made due to chimney fires unless the chimney has been swept by a professional chimney sweep and a valid certificate of sweeping issued that is recognised by insurance companies.


Also if the fire brigade is called out due to a chimney fire and it is proven that the chimney has not been maintained the local council can bill you for the call out, and this has been known to be up to 2000 per fire crew.


DO YOU WANT TO TAKE THE RISK? OR JUST GET THE CHIMNEY SWEPT.

Contact Us Carbon Monoxide Awareness Ltd Aintree Community Fire Station Longmoor Lane Aintree, Liverpool, L9 0EN - See more at: http://covictim.org/#sthash.25zniSGu.dpuf

Safety Page Remember its just as important who sweeps your chimney then having it swept
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share via e-mail Print